Sunday 16 November 2014

Banana Cake - 3 November 2014

Unable to resist the Banana Cakes shared  by bakers on facebook, I bought a bunch of bananas last week.  My kids were so happy to see the bananas because they loved it.  So, I told them to help themselves but leave some for me to bake my cake!  ;)

I was attracted to Alan Goh's simple banana cake which uses whole egg direct method.  It looked so soft and perfect that I decided to use his recipe.  But I guess the flour was not folded in well, as a result, my cake did not rise twice the height.  Despite that, the cake was soft and received positive feedbacks from my testers!

Simple Banana Cake Recipe (Whole Egg Direct method)

Ingredients:

5 Eggs
200g Sugar
375g mashed banana (about 5)
300g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
150g
vegetable oil
Method:
1.Whisk eggs, sugar, mashed bananas at medium speed untill ribbon stage. It takes appro. 12-15 min by hand mixer.
2.While the mixture is being whisked, grease and line a 10″ square tin or a 2 x 8″ round tin with grease proof baking paper.
3.Sieve flour, baking powder and baking soda together twice and set aside.
4.Fold in sifted flour in 3 additions, mixing well in between each addition by using either a spatula or hand.
5.Add in oil and mix well till batter is shiny
6.Pour into baking tin from a height of 30 cm and tap the baking tin sharply against the work surface to eliminate bubbles.
7.If using, lay the thin banana slices over the surface of the batter.
8.Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees Celsius for 40-45mins. Unlike the top is nicely brown and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
9.Remove from baking tray and leave to cook on a rack to room temperature before slicing. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment